Tiger Taxi has instituted a program to ensure that all taxi riders are provided with the highest quality service. Please read this document to understand your rights as a taxi rider. You will also be responsible to behave in a civil manner and to obey all laws and traffic regulations.
As a rider of taxi service in Auburn, riders are entitled to the following:
1. A taxi driver that is knowledgeable of major destinations and is able to take you to your destination in the quickest time by the shortest route possible.
2. A taxicab that is in safe working order with operational heating and air conditioning.
3. A taxi driver who practices good hygiene, does not smoke in his or her cab, and is polite and respectful.
4. To be charged an accurate fare for the distance and time of your trip, including any approved surcharge.
5. A taxi that arrives at the pickup point within a reasonable amount of time after an order has been placed.
6. To request a receipt.
7. Payment via cash or a major credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover ($10 minimum).
You taxi driver also has rights riders should respect, including the following:
1. Occupants that behave in a civil manner.
2. Occupants that refrain from smoking, drinking or eating inside a taxicab.
3. Not to be distracted or otherwise prevented from focusing on safely driving the cab.
4. Occupants who board the cab only from the curb or right side of the cab.
5. Occupants who pay the fare posted on the meter and any applicable surcharge upon reaching their destination. Should you dispute the fare, you should take the taxi driver's name, the name of the taxi company and report your dispute to the Department of Transportation. A driver may request a deposit up to the estimated amount of the fare in advance.